In Rain World, you play as a slugcat separated from its family in a catastrophic flood, and you must survive in a world of peril alone. Hunt for food and shelter while navigating through a dynamic ecosystem filled with danger. Climb through the ruins of an ancient civilization, evade the jaws of predators, and explore new lands filled with strange creatures and mysteries. Will you find your family before death finds you?
Inspired by the aesthetics of classic 16-bit platformers, Rain World is a fast-paced stealth game that requires skillful maneuvering. Sneak your way past ravenous foes and use the ecosystem to survive this immersive world. Players must contend with limited resources and the constant threat of rain in a world where death lurks around every corner.
- Sneak, climb, and pounce your way through a dynamic, ever-changing ecosystem of predators and prey.
- Explore a vast world of over 1600 rooms, spanning 12 diverse regions filled with ancient secrets and undiscovered dangers.
- Nimble movements and procedurally generated animation give slugcat a natural fluidity of movement and a unique sense of weight.
- Intense, primal predator encounters will challenge your reflexes
- Limited resources and the constant, impending threat of rain will test your nerve
Rain World: Downpour - DLC Expansion
Rain World's DLC expansion, Rain World: Downpour, offers a redefined gaming experience with new characters and abilities. Players control five new characters that have adapted to the tough conditions of the game. Discover new predators and environmental hazards while exploring new territories.
The five new characters in Downpour include The Rivulet, The Gourmand, The Artificer, The Spearmaster, and The Saint. Each character has unique abilities and skills and their own personal story. Players can play Challenge Mode, and Jolly Co-Op with up to four local players or try Expeditions to test their limits.
If you enjoyed games like Hollow Knight, Kunai, Dead Cells, Celeste, or Dandara, we highly recommend giving Rain World a try. Get ready to embark on an unforgettable adventure!
Rain World - Video Game Review